- • Turn off all notifications and email
- • Turn off unnecessary applications
- • Try a Full-Screen, Distraction-Free Writing Program
- Tools – Focus Writer · Omm Writer · Write Monkey · Pages
- • Set clear study goals before you turn on your computer
- • Use timers/bells to help track time
- • Use rewards and consequences to help you stick to study plan
- Tools – stopwatches and timers · mindfulness bell · Toodledo · Phocus App · Evernote
- • Schedule specific times to check email, Facebook, Twitter and surf your favorite sites
- • Use RSS feeds or News Aggregators (instead of manually checking news sites for updates)
Tame Your Tech
Is your device running your life? Addicted to social media feeds, news/weather updates? On notification or game overload? While your devices can be used to support your academic success, some days, they can feel like they work against you. Learn how to manage the tech side of your life with these tips and tools.
Have additional strategies to suggest? Share them here.
Manage yourself online
Schedule internet use